The Sustainable Food Lab is a global network of organizations facilitating market-based change for a sustainable food system.
From peer to peer leadership networks, to global learning events, to supply chain innovation projects, to measurement tools, the Food Lab staff bring organizations together to help them accelerate progress towards a more sustainable food system.
Food Lab staff combine the following capabilities:
- Excellence in design, facilitation, and project management of industry and cross sector collaboration;
- Expertise in issues of sustainable agricultural production and sourcing; and
- Deep networks of private sector, research, and NGO partners.
The Lab uses these capabilities to:
- Design and facilitate experiential safe-space learning opportunities on tough topics;
- Prototype supply chain sustainability innovations and collaborations, and
- Support the development of organizational strategy and leadership development.
Since 2004, the Sustainable Food Lab has evolved in an eco-system of organizations and associations. The Lab focuses on outcomes and is neutral with respect to specific strategies, standards, or certifications. This agnosticism enables the Lab to bring insights from many different players to innovate a food and beverage supply that supports people, communities and nature.
DOWNLOAD the Food Lab brochure
Food Lab Leadership
The Food Lab is guided by an advisory board comprised of leaders from member organizations. Members shape the direction of the Food Lab and receive discounted services. The Food Lab also provides services to many non-member organizations. Learn more about Food Lab membership here.
The Food Lab is a project of and fiscally sponsored by Ag Innovations, a 501(c)3.